Shipping Your PuppyI know you're scared, but don't freak out, we have done this many many times!
Happy to Ship
American, United, Delta Pet Cargo Shipping
If we are shipping your pup, we’ll try to find the best flight available; we normally ship American, United or Delta. Really this is going to depend on flight times, shortest flights and or connections etc. Shipping prices do vary but the average cost is between 300.00 and 350.00.
When choosing this option, we will handle all the shipping details. All you, as the new owner needs to do us let us know what is your local aiport, name phone number and we can get more exact shipping prices and times. They can’t leave earlier than 8 weeks, the Federal shipping age is officially 8 weeks old.
Here is our responsibility in shipping.
- Dawson Labs will work with the customer to arrange a shipping date
- We will arrange for the puppies to be inspected by a veterinarian.
- Upon purchase we will also purchase a standard medium crate for shipping a young puppy.
- There is quite the process in shipping and we will coordinate all shipping paperwork.
- On shipping day we will transport the puppy to the Kansas City International Airport.
- We then will normally text the customer as soon as we leave the airport, and keep track all the way until arrival time.
New Owner Responsibilities in shipping.
- Customer will contact Dawson Labs when puppy is picked up.
- We also recommend that even if your pup has had a recent shot that you take your puppy to the vet within three days for a puppy wellness visit to ensure all is well from the time the pup was handed off from us to you!
NOTE: We are also at the mercy of the weather, the airlines will not ship above 85 degrees F or below 20 degrees F. this can make it a challenge to ship in the heat of summer or the dead of winter. We often alleviate this issue by shipping early in the a.m. or late in the evening.